[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Test and Tune
- To: Chris Roth <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Test and Tune
- From: Carl Morris <Carl_Morris@StorTek.Com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:50:51 -0600
- Organization: Storage Technology Corporation
- References: <199706051732.LAA67808@holly.ColoState.EDU> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: morrisc@StorTek.Com
Chris Roth wrote:
> Now I remember, well, I want to go tomorrow, but I will have to settle for
> next week, August 20th.
Cool, do me a favor and email me next week if it's for sure.
> Lets see how fast we can get your car. I will be
> using them (ties and IC) on the 20th, but afterthat, you can run them on
> another test night.
How about the 27th?
> These tires are Mickey Thompson Sportsman Pro's and
> have a considerable amount of wear. I would not suggest driving any
> distance on them, they might wear out....but they are perfect for drag
Whatever I use in Wyoming will go in the back of the car until I
get there. The track sounds good, though.
> Sounds like they might be worth trying. I have also seen the new Mickey
> Thompson Street ET tire. It is still biased ply, but I think there is a
> 16" tire that will fit better than the DragRadial.
I just don't like how bias plys on the back and radials on the
front feels when driving on the street. I don't really street
race any more, but there are a couple of people that I'll have
to race eventually, so I need something that'll be good on the
street. I just want to find something good in a 225/50 so no
one will notice...