Re: SVO side question

Chris Roth wrote:

> Carl,
>
> Yes it is at Bandimere, it starts am 9:00am I think and lasts to
> approx 3:00pm.  It costs $10 to race or watch so it is a lot of fun.
>
> We (my wife and I) will be there.  We have a '85 SVO.  Currently the
> only performance upgrades are a K&N filter and 3" exhaust.  I have a
> '86 SVO engine complete that will be peiced into the '85.  The head
> already has the Motorsport A237 cam and followers.  I want to get the
> head machined and put the whole thing together by August.
>
> Let me know if you change your mind about the Bandimere thing and
> maybe we can pit together.  We always bring a big cooler with plenty
> to eat.
>
> Chris

Sounds fun.  The problem is that I do the church thing with the wife
on Sundays.  I'm pretty much restricted to Saturdays and Test&Tune.
Speaking of which, I'll probably be there tonight, and there's a
Saturday street car event on June 28th that I'm thinking about.
So far I haven't run competitively at all because I'm so inconsistent.
Tires will help, but I don't know how much.  So, for now all I'm
doing is test and tune nights for numbers...

So is the A237 the Motorsport roller cam?  I just bought the Engle 55,
but that probably won't go in until winter.  So have you run your car
for time yet?  I never ran my car for time before I changed some
things, so I'm really curious what you run since I don't know whether
the things I did actually did that much good or not.  I'm running
about 18psi boost, 3" exhaust that ends at the muffler, retarded
stock cam, underdrive pulley, big cylindrical K&N, & synthetic fluids.
I know some of it has helped, but I have no idea how much each thing
did or didn't do.

Let me know any non-Sunday time you might be there, and I'll try to
make a point to go.  Later...