Re: Intercooler.....COOLER

John Garasimowicz wrote:

> Hello Folks, Happy to be on your list. Nice Tech Stuff. Time for my 2
> cents worth. Has anyone thought of fastening a low profile electric fan
> on the backside of the intercooler. My feeling is it could only help
> with the heat soak coming off the exhaust manifold into the intercooler.
> My ride is an 87 black Turbo Coupe 5 speed. Just love to eat Z-28's and
> Firechickens with my 4 banger! If anyone has done this mod, please post
> a reply, thanks....John

Eaten Z-28s and Firechickens with a 4 banger?  Yes ;-)
Put a fan on my intercooler? No

Mike Abbey did that a long time ago with a Spearco intercooler in
approximately the stock location.  Supposedly he was happy with it.
I don't think it's any substitute for a better intercooler in a
better location, but I bet you'd see some gains.  Feel free to be
a list pioneer, and tell us how it went. ;-).