Re: Turning stuff...

Hey all,

I tried to organize an event many moons ago at the Sheriff's EVOC (Emergency
Vehicle Operations Center) but that didn't come to fruition... not enough
people willing to lay down a deposit.  (They had a nifty tri-oval and a
really cool road course/street course simulation).

Willow is very expensive and requires an ambulance and requisite workers,
radios, etc.  It's worth doing (been on the big track) but again... better
to join with a group that's already been there.  If there's enough response,
we can try to organize something with Buttonwillow (great roadcourse) or
Willow... but be aware that the costs for one day can exceed $7,000
(insurance included).

Bob
Former SVOOA So Cal chapter co-director

-----------
>Perhaps us So Cal guys should organize a Willow Springs meet :)
>
>----------
>> From: Joe Morgan <morgaj01@student.ucr.edu>
>> To: Gary Morrell <gmorrell@ford.com>
>> Cc: SVO@SmartWorx.com
>> Subject: Turning stuff...
>> Date: Monday, July 14, 1997 11:11 AM
>>
>> Right on Gary,
>>
>> ...you're making me want to learn how to turn.
>>
>> Although anyone who was at the Malibu Grand Prix gathering knows that
>> isn't going to happen real easily. :p
>>
>> So Cal SVO'ers:
>>
>> Do they have events like this around here? Or do we just have the
>> parking lot events?  I want to try this.  Any suggestions?
>>
>> It seems like all the cool car stuff happens somewhere else -- what the
>> hell, at least our weather is nice, right Dave?
>>
>> Joe Morgan
>> (why are they calling me "fred"?)

|    Robert King                            1984 Ford Mustang SVO   |
|    rking@earthlink.net                    1995.5 Isuzu Rodeo LS   |
|         "When the going gets tough, The Tough go home..."         |