For NH, MA, RI, CN Merkur, SVO, TC Owners

Date:  Thu, 21 Aug 1997 12:30:22 -0400
To:  MERKUR-OWNERS@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM, DCompton@JNPCS.COM,
From: brian_guild@dg-webo.webo.dg.com
Subject:  For NH, MA, RI, CN Merkur, SVO, TC Owners

For any of you Merkur, SVO, or TurboCoupe owners out there from NH, MA, RI
or CN, you ought to do what I did last night.  I travelled, with a bunch of
friends to New England Dragway in Epping, NH.  It was about 1.5 hours away
from my area of Massachusetts, which is near Attleboro, and the Rhode
Island border.  Wednesday night is street night, and you are able to run
your car on the drag strip, for as many runs, as time allows...the earlier
you get there, the more runs you will get in, all for $12!  I arrived at
6:30PM and was able to get in four runs by 9:30PM.  What a fun time!

The was the first time I had ever dragged my car, and on my first run, I
got a good light, and a .649 reaction time, which, I have been told, is
great for a beginner.  Also, my first run was my best, at 16.3 and 82 mph
in the quarter mile, out of my bone stock 1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe.  I
even took off my boost bleeder valve, as to get an actual stock time!

I highly recommend that you all do this, as my friends and I all had a
fabulous time:

Doug in his 1989 Tbird SuperCoupe with modified Supercharger top ran a 15.6
second 1/4 mile.

Andrew in his 1987 Turbo Regal, a few low grade mods, and some cooling
tricks ran a 14.5 second 1/4 mile

Lorne in his new 1995 Mitsu 3000GT VR4, bone stock, ran consistant low 14
second quarter mile times.

There were alot of guys who know ALOT ABOUT BOOST at this place.  I even
met a bunch of guys from the Shelby Owners Network.  Those guys rule my
boosting world.  One of them owns a 13.something second minivan with a
turbocharged shelby motor in it.  Good stuff.

Anyway, enough preaching...check it out for yourself, and the disclaimer: I
don't own stock in the track, or do I sell stuff for them, just a satisfied
drag-racer.  Check it out for yourself.  If you live in the area, and are
interested, then email me for information or directions.

Regards,

Brian Guild
President TCCOA, TurboCoupe Club of America