Re: exhaust

Date:  Thu, 21 Aug 1997 13:36:43 -0600
To:  Carl Wahlin (UND) <cwahlin@helios.acomp.usf.edu>
From: caroth@holly.colostate.edu
Subject:  Re: exhaust

As long as everyone is adding their two cents, I should give mine.  My wife
drives a 85 SVO and I ran the car completely stock with a best ET of
17.3@79mph.  I added a K&N and 3" exhaust from turbo to rear of car with a
3" car and 3" flowmaster and the car came alive.  I am not sure what the
2.5" would have done but the 3" was sure expensive.  I did not want to
"try" the 2.5" and then go bigger later.  My muffler guy had to use a 2.5"
reducer coming off of the turbo housing and immediately stepped up to 3".
The car stepped up to a 15.7@87 with the exhaust and filter.  I then put
the TC Intercooler and ran a very traction limited 15.3@89.

I just thought I would add any info on the exhaust and get this mailing
list off the the right start...user input!!

Chris Roth @ work....shhhh don't tell my boss
caroth@holly.colostate.edu
85 SVO (Bright Red)
86 SVO (Silver Metallic)