Re: 2 unreachable freakin' bolts!

Date:  Fri, 22 Aug 1997 13:14:55 -0400
To:  "Carl Wahlin (UND)" <cwahlin@helios.acomp.usf.edu>
From: mjs195@psu.edu
Subject:  Re: 2 unreachable freakin' bolts!

> Some time ago I annonced that I was pulling the head on my 87 TC.
> Finally getting around to it and there are 2 bolts that are driving me
> crazy!!  Picture in your mind the lower intake manifold.  Now I have ABS
> so my slave and master cylinder are huge and very in the way.  On the
> underside of the manifold there are 4 bolts.  I got the two front ones
> off but the back two are impossible.  I can feel the back one but the
> center one is impossible.  So here is the question.... How do I get
> these f*&$ers off!!!  The other option that took me 2 days to figure out
> is that why not take the manifold off with the head?  DUH!!
> So the next question is what is attached to the underside of the
> manifold that I don't want to be blindly ripping out?  Is there other
> bolts that need to be remove to facilitate this task?  Please help!!
> This is my virgin engine cracking and if it takes too long getting out
> I'm going to forget how to put it back together.  But then again, ain't
> it always easier to take something apart than putting something
> together?
>
> Chris
Chris,
	I've always just left the lower section of the intake on the head, as
well as the exhaust manifold, turbo etc. This normally requires 2 people
when removing and installing but saves alot of time in the long run. I
would just leave the intake as you have it and pull the head then put
all the intake bolts back in before you set the head back on.

Mike Sitar