Re: exhaust

Date:  Fri, 22 Aug 1997 13:26:54 -0400
To:  "Carl Wahlin (UND)" <cwahlin@helios.acomp.usf.edu>
From: mjs195@psu.edu
Subject:  Re: exhaust

> Do you think it's legal to go from a transverse cataylitic convertor to an in
> line design.  Most of the muffler shops here aren't interested in putting a
> 3inch system on.  I might go with the 2.5 inch  system.  I want to keep the
> downpipe to tailpipe the same diameter..
> Thanks for the input,
> BRett

	Sorry, can't help you with the legal matters, I don't know. I
personally have never been through a smog inspection, so as long as the
cat is there in my book it's legal. I guess alot of it would depend on
the inspector and his knowledge. The 87-88 2.5" downpipe and cat is an
inline design unlike the 85-86 transverse.

Mike Sitar