Re: exhaust

Date:  Thu, 21 Aug 1997 18:21:30 -0400 (EDT)
To:  Carl Wahlin <cwahlin@helios.acomp.usf.edu>
From: shidel@suntan.eng.usf.edu
Subject:  Re: exhaust

Well mike,
I agree with what you say to an extent, but, if you are going to do it all
yourself by buying the bends, and  a stick of pipe and welding it
together, why not? It would cost about the same, and for me anyways, I
wouldn't feel like I comprimised.

> Just thought I'd throw in my two cents, I don't think a 3" exhaust is
> necessary on a 2.3 turbo street car. A 2.5" is more than adequate from
> what I can see. One of my friends runs a high 10 sec GN and he uses a 3"
> single, but I doubt that a street driven 2.3 will ever see need for that
> large an exhaust. On another point, the turbine outlet on the stock
> Garret T-3 on 83-86 TC's is only 2.25", the IHI found on the 87-88 is
> 2.5". Neither would hardly accept a 3" downpipe without modification or
> a reducer. I used the 87-88 complete exhaust on my 85 TC (required
> modification to fit turbo, stock mufflers, minus cat at the track and
> could not see a difference between this system and completely open
> exhaust. The car was a fully loaded 85 2.3 liter TC, 5 speed, stock 3.45
> rear, and BFG ZR radials, and was running 13.80's. If you have to have
> it, go 3", otherwise save your money for other go fast parts.
>
> Mike Sitar
> 87 TC
> 85 TC was 2.3 powered, then twin turbo 351W powered, then dodge ram
> powered. (now totaled)

------>89 SHO 15.3@88(or something)..4 sale..wanna buy it?<----------
->86 Escort..not even worth mentioning..but gets me where I gotta