Re: shimmy at 3000 rpm

Date:  Sat, 23 Aug 1997 22:57:57 -0400 (EDT)
To:  cwahlin@helios.acomp.usf.edu
From: BGM109@aol.com
Subject:  Re: shimmy at 3000 rpm

I asked a question when I first got my T-Bird about 2 months ago and got some
good advice, but one problem still exists.  When I get up around 2900 rpm's
it will sputter and act almost like its suffering from fuel starvation.  When
it get past 3000 rpm's it quits.  I just replaced the clutch pressure plate
and trans mount (which was sheered in two) and it went away for a while.
Before I fixed it, it was in first and second gear.  Now it happens every
once in a while in third.  Any ideas?  Also, was some one looking for front
end parts for an '84-86 TC?  Got two in junk yards around here
(Central Georgia) . One has had an engine fire but the other is ok I think.
 Still has its turbo.  Be glad to see if they have the parts, and give you
the phone no.

Thanks, BGM109
86 TC  $985 invested so far (most bang for the buck I've gotten latley)