[no subject]

New ListServer!!!

Read This!

Enjoy!
Dave

Welcome!

You have been subscribed to the
"Mustang SVO Internet Mailing List".

Primarily made up of 84-86 Mustang SVO owners,
we also welcome those interested in
becoming SVO owners, or having relevant experience,
primarily with Ford's 2.3 liter turbocharged engine.

If you DON'T want to be subscribed,
send mail to ListServer@smartworx.com
with the command "UNSUBSCRIBE SVO", without the quotes,
in the body of your message.
A subject line is not necessary and will be ignored.

***** What this list is for *****

Informal information, like;
-  I beat a Chevy last night. :)
-  My car ran xx.xx in the qtr.
-  My car doesn't run. Help me fix it.
-  I wanna sell my car, or parts.
-  Anybody wanna go to XXXXX and meet up to talk cars.
-  How many of my color cars were built?

***** How it works *****
You will get mail from "SVO@SmartWorx.com".
These messages are originally from other list members.
This is a mass mailing to everybody
who subscribes to the list.

BTW, This is a Welcome message.  Don't reply to it to
post to the list.  Send listmail to;

SVO@SmartWorx.com

So, you read a message from the ListServer and want to reply.
You can do one of two things;

1) - Send your reply to the author of the message.
The message will ONLY go to the author of the message you
are replying to. This is appropriate for any kind of message
that you DON'T want to go to the entire list membership.
This *may* be accomplished with the "Reply" or "Reply All"
button on your E-Mail program.
Check *your* program, and see which one to use.

OR

2) - Send the message to SVO@Smartworx.com AND the author
of the original message.  The message will go to the author
of the message you are replying to, AND also to
the entire list membership.
This *may* be accomplished with the "Reply" or "Reply All"
button on your E-Mail program.
Check *your* program, and see which one to use.

Please read and heed these guidelines.

***** List Server Guidleines *****

-  PLEASE EDIT YOUR REPLIES!
   If you don't know how to edit, create a new message, or
   ask somebody to help you.
   Do not send the entire contents of a previous message
   back to the list with a couple of lines added.
   This is called a "me too!" message, and is messy and
   lazy.  And you will receive complaints about it.
   So, edit each of your messages, including ONLY enough
   content from the previous post, for it to be a readable
   post on it's own.

-  Please, only post to the list, those messages that
   everybody would be interesting in seeing,
   Not, "Hey, Fred, I wanna buy your parts for sale".

-  Please don't reply to a List message and add one or
   two lines of text.  This is called a "me too" message.
   It's bad form, and annoying.

-  If a message asks a question that most of us have
   seen, and already hashed out a good answer to,
   please reply, or forward the relevant previous posts,
   directly to the author.

-  Don't be REALLY rude.  I know some of this is gonna
   go on, and we're all big people, but when I've had
   enough, it's OVER.

***** Distribution *****

If you send a message, it will go out in the next 10 seconds.
It can still take HOURS to get around, so
don't send it twice, if you don't see it show up quickly.

The server doesn't "forget".  The message WILL go out.

If the list becomes really messy with lots of messages
that don't follow the guidlines, or we get spammed
or something, I can take the list to a moderated
mode, immediately.  Then list messages can only
come from me.

Hopefully I won't have to do this.
It's a nuisance.

If I receive 3 mail bounces, I will set you to not recieve List Mail,
and you'll have to manually reconfigure your settings.

When you can't check your mail for a while,
to keep your mailbox from getting full, and bouncing
list mail back to the listserver, do the following;
send mail to ListServer@smartworx.com
with the command "SET SVO NOMAIL", without the quotes,
in the body of your message.
A subject line is not necessary and will be ignored.

When you return;
send mail to ListServer@smartworx.com
with the command "SET SVO MAIL", without the quotes,
in the body of your message.
A subject line is not necessary and will be ignored.

Keep your mailbox empty enough to be able to accept
messages from the listserver.  If you're not gonna read
the list traffic, then you don't need to receive it.

Anticipate about 50K of traffic a day.

***** Digests *****

You ARE subscribed to the list in a "live" mode.
This is how ALL new users are configured.

To change your configuration to receive List Mail,
in Digest form, one message a day from the ListServer,
send mail to ListServer@smartworx.com
with the command "SET SVO DIGEST", without the quotes,
in the body of your message.
A subject line is not necessary and will be ignored.

The mailing list is now automatically Digested and Archived.
Your messages will be saved, forever, for anyone to read
at a later date.  I ask that you keep this in mind when
posting to the list. If that is not to your liking, don't post.

***** ListServer Actions *****
If you need help, on using the ListServer;
send mail to:
ListServer@SmartWorx.com
with "help" in the body of the message.
A subject line is not necessary and will be ignored.

Please keep this message, hopefully print it,
and refer back to these guidelines.

We have LOTS of members and list messages need to be
composed properly to keep the list running smoothly,
and the complaints from members down.

Thanks for your cooperation and participation!

Dave Compton
SVO & TurboCoupe List Owner
DCompton@SmartWorx.com

                      * Spammers, beware: *
Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Sec. 227,
any and all nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is
subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500 US,
per incident.

E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.