Re: Installed new parts, car runs like shit

Dave Compton wrote:
> Dennis Sly wrote:
> > Just installed new cap, rotor, air filter, ACCELL 8.8 Graphite wires and
> > Bosch Platinum spark plugs.( What is the correct gap? my book doesn't
> > say)
> >
> > Now the car runs like SHIT!!!
>
> NO PLATINUM PLUGS IN BOOSTED MOTORS!

I quit using platinums a while back and went to NGKs, which I've
been quite happy with.  As long as they're gapped less than 40
thousandths, preferable in the low 30s, the plugs probably aren't
what's causing Dennis' running problems, platinum or not.  I say
this because I never had problems with by car running poorly on
platinums, it just runs better on the NGKs.