Re: 230 H.P.

Hey Rich,

I am up here in Ft. Collins and upgrading both of my SVOs.  I  have a
Turbo Coupe Intercooler and K&N filter on the 86 with 15psi and it
ran a best 15.0@89mph at Bandimere.  I just took the stock downpipe
off and added the 3" downpipe from classic, what a difference.

I would also suggest having your Intake and Exhaust manifolds ported
(not Extrude Hone, too expensive).  I have been told the porting the
exhaust manifold will give you 7-10hp on a stock motor. Just a
thought.

Chris,

>    I have a '86 Turbo Coupe and I want to get about 230 HP (100 HP per Liter)
> out of that engine. I now one of you guys can tell me the easiest way to do
> it. Currently its completely stock without aintercooler, I plan to do all the
> things Dave has in his page (K&N, boost bleed valve, exhaust) I also plan to
> put on an intercooler, but what else will it take to get where I want to be?
>    Before I started getting this list I installed a set of 8.8 plug wires and
> a cap and rotor with brass terminals from Auto Zone and they work great (no
> miss), just thought I'd share that.
>
> 100 HP per liter is simply --cking amaising.
>
> Rich
> Evergreen (Denver) CO

Chris & Heather Roth
http://holly.colostate.edu/~caroth