Re: Installed new parts, car runs like shit

On the subject of Splitfires, I ran my own little somewhat scientific test on
these.This was done with my 88 LX 5.0 so I cannot say how they would react in
a 2.3 turbo. While at the track, I took out my autolites and installed the
splitfires. The result...3 tenths slower (consistently over 4 runs)....back
to the pits...........install autolites..........gained the 3 tenths
back(consistently). This was all the evidence I needed, as far as I am
concerned they are junk.(at least in my 5.0 but I still wont use them in
anything else). By the way, when I got my SVO, it had splitfires which were
promptly removed and filed in the cylindrical filing cabinet.

Paul
Bright red 86