[no subject]

From: housej1
Subject: Pinging !!!!
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 17:33:09 -0500

 Hello, I would like to ask you a couple of questions. I thought that one
of my orings on one of my injectors was bad. So I took off the
Intecooler, Throttle Body, EGR Valve, and Upper Intake. Now when I took
off the Gasket for the EGR it was pretty bad. And the Throttle Body one
was ripped about an inch. While I was taking off the Fuel Rail I
accidently broke off the Temperature coolant sensor right there on the
Top of The Lower  Intake. I went to NAPA and bought a new one. I put it
in replaced the o rings, and then reassembled the Upper Intake with Old
Gasket. Throttle Body with Old Gasket and the EGR woth the old Gasket.
Now when I put the Intercooler back on, I started it up and immediately
it barely ran. So I tried starting it again. Finally it made it to where
the car would stay running. Is misses aolt while at idle. If I rev up the
car while in Neutral it don't sound too bad. But if I get out on the road
and try driving it , it pings real bad. would not replacing the old
gaskets make this happen? I went out tonight and bought new ones. Do you
think this might be it. I've had vacum leaks before but never have had it
ping like that before(almost like it has bad gas or something). Hope
you've dealt this before !
 Thanks,
      J.House