Trouble with Heater Control

The Heater-A/C Control has gone out on my '86 SVO.  If the setting is on
A/C or Fan and I accelerate (even just a little), the fan will shut off
until I stop accelerating.  The A/C never even comes on.

I believe this is a vacuum leak, but I haven't been able to find the leak.
On the passenger side of the firewall (in the engine compartment), two
small vacuum lines come out of the harness just bellow the hood.  One goes
into the passenger compartment, the other one is just hangs loose.  Can
some one tell me where that second is supposed to go?  Does anyone have a
'vacuum line' diagram?

Monty