Re: Which TFI -FOrd's or PepBoy's?

On 9/8/97, at 10:47 AM, Ric Gillis wrote:

>There is a considerable difference.  The Ford part runs about $85 and
>$30(Wells brand).  The PIP from Ford is $40 and $18 Wells.

The Wells part is the very vendor that started the whole good part/bad part
thread.  And I started it.

I don't know if it's still true, but I removed the little cover from the
TFI on a Ford part and on a Wells part.

I have an extensive electronics background, and the Wells part was visually
a piece of shit.  I'm not pulling any punches on this one, it was put
together by kindergartners.

Nick just had a recent bad experience with a B&D part, which I always
thought were much better.

I will never use anything but Ford parts in the ignition system.  It just
isn't worth it on our cars.

Dave
DCompton@SmartWorx.com
http://www.SmartWorx.com/DCompton