Re: Which TFI -FOrd's or PepBoy's?

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Dave Compton wrote:

> On 9/8/97, at 10:47 AM, Ric Gillis wrote:
>
> >There is a considerable difference.  The Ford part runs about $85 and
> >$30(Wells brand).  The PIP from Ford is $40 and $18 Wells.
> >

> The Wells part is the very vendor that started the whole good part/bad part
> thread.  And I started it.
> I have an extensive electronics background, and the Wells part was visually
> a piece of shit.  I'm not pulling any punches on this one, it was put
> together by kindergartners.

I'm almost ashamed to admit it(only almost cuz I didn't go out of my way
to buy it:), but when I bought the motor for the pinto from the junkyard,
it had a Wells TFI module on it.  That was a year an a half ago, and still
workin fine.  if I have a prob with it, I have a whole stash of TFI's
anyway...I don't know how the hell I aquired so many intakes and
distributors in the past year or two...
I'm not sayin the Wells is a nice peice, but only that i haven't had any
bad luck yet. I dunno, I removed the cover and promply lost it ages ago,
so maybe the cover missing keeps the insides cool.
This is comin from a guy who has like 3 diffrent brands of plug wires on
the same motor:)....

------>89 SHO 15.3@88(or something)..4 sale..wanna buy it?<----------
->86 Escort..not even worth mentioning..but gets me where I gotta