[no subject]

The ASCMcLaren Capri that you bought was built by American Sunroof Corp. in
Livonia, MI.  This same plant built all the 1984-1990 ASCMcLaren Capris and
Mustangs along with the venerable 1987 Buick GNX.  Along side the Capri and
eventual Mustang production, ASC also chopped the tops off of the first
batch of convertible Pontiac Firebirds in 1987.   The small plant was VERY busy.

The Coupe that you bought did have the Carrera struts and shocks, lower
height high rate springs but the stock 5.0's sway bars.  The Carreras were
cancelled after a brief stint into '86 production due to numerous warranty
problems/complaints.  They were replaced with the stock Motocraft pieces
from mid-'86-'90.

McLaren in reallity had nothing to do with the Capri or Mustang projects.
It lended it's name to ASC for promotional purposes.

Henry Huisman has bought virtually all the ASC inventory and sells it
through his business in Odessa, FL--McLaren Automotive.  He can be reached
at (813) 920-7544 or at:  http://members.aol.com/dtdjvd/mclaren.html

Jim Dingell

>Hey guys!
>
>In '87 I bought a '86 ASC Mclaren Capri (for my wife). The car I had was a
>hatchback not a 'vert, dark metalic blue with orange stripes and wheels, if I
>remember it had no engine mods but it had extensive suspension mods. It had
>stiffer and lower springs and adjustable Carrera shocks and struts. I don't
>remember if it had larger sway bars, but I do remember that it handled better
>than anything I had driven until then (I traded in a '83 5.0 Capri for it), I
>didn't drive a SVO for maybe two years after I sold it so I couldn't compare
>them very well. It also had ASC Mclaren floor mats (thick embroidered - very
>nice!) a leather embossed steering wheel and shift knob, 15x7 alloys with
>225-50s not 60s, dark headlight and taillight covers. Correct me if I'm
>wrong, ASC stands for American Sunroof Corp. and Mclaren modified the cars.
>Personally I would buy a SVO for the sake of its better brakes, convertables
>shake themselves apart and because there is so many 5.0s out there, besides
>you can't beat that turbo rush! Thats my two cents.
>
>Rich Stark
>AKLARION@aol.com

Performance Parts, Inc.
13120 Lazy Glen Court