Re: IC hoses

Scott Shidel... wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Carl Morris wrote:
>
> > All,
> >       Does anyone know offhand the inside diameter of the
> > two intercooler hoses (I think they're different)?  I might
> > have an exhaust guy bend me a tube to replace the intercooler
> > for testing.  I could always measure them myself, I suppose ;-).
> >

> Would it be a good idea to maybe get a merkur EEC too or somethign? I
> heard the SVo tables will be richer than balls with no intercooler.  Joe
> said his car would leave  a cloud of black smoke with the intercooler off.
> Also, if you were able to find two of the intake boots from a non
> intercooled 2.3, you could prolly put one boot on the turbo, and one on
> the throttle body, and connect it with a staright pipe.

I thought it was the other way around, that the merkur and early Tbird
computers ran richer to try to keep the charge cooler to make up for
the lack of intercooler.  I think that if anything, I'd have problems
with detonation when not running an IC that could be reduced by running
more fuel.  That assumes, of course, that the IC is actually helping me.
I'm thinking that I'm just going to have an exhaust pipe about the same
size as the turbo outlet bent in the right shape, and flared at the
throttle body to a size that will work for that hose.  I've got enough
other stuff going on, that it'll probably be next spring before I
actually get to testing it.