Re: Corky Bell's Book

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Carl Morris wrote:

> > and another with a look at the cutting edge of turbo design--Corky's
> > take on the most likely future developments.  Variable Area Turbine
> > Nozzles (VATN) turbos may be the hot ticket before long.  Air bearings
> > for the turbo are unlikely, but ball bearings may come into play.

I was talkin to Joe one nite and he was talkin aobut how a friend of his
with an Integra was goin to a local shop to look at a turbo kit for his
car.  The saleman started yapping aobut the new ball bearing turbos.
Immediately, that striked me as odd.  ball bearings? why?
A ball bearing is going to have more friction than a full floating
bushing.  No contact(bushing) has less friction than some contact(ball
bearing).
Mus be some pretty bitchin bearings to be able to handle a constant 100k
RPM.

------>89 SHO 15.3@88(or something)..4 sale..wanna buy it?<----------
->86 Escort..not even worth mentioning..but gets me where I gotta