RE: Installed new parts, car runs like shit -- Spark Plugs

At 11:41 AM 9/10/97 -0400, Sly, Dennis wrote:
>Do you know if Ford used the same plugs every year in the SVO's. My
>questions revolves around your point about The platinum plugs do not
>have as hot of a spark, thus do not perform well under high boost
>conditions. In the later years of the SVO the injectors were upgrades to
>36#. Would they not need a hotter spark to burn more gas?
>
>Dennis Sly.
>84 SVO, Silver

Dennis,

As far as I know, there only exists one spark plug for the SVO. This is the
one that I (and many other guys out here in the Southwest -- including our
Guru, Neil Chirico) will use our SVO:

	The V-Groove NGK TR-5.

>From what I remember, the platinum plugs should only be used where
durability is an issue -- the platinum isn't there to conduct better
(there's a micron of platinum on "platinum" plugs) it's there to survive in
between long service intervals.

Jim Dvorak
'86 Shadow Blue

Publisher/Editor, THE SVO CHRONICLES
Journal of the Mustang SVO Owners Association of Southern
California/Southwest Region

Mailing Address:
      Mustang SVO Owners Association
      7400 Center Avenue, Suite 109
      Huntington Beach, CA 92647-3039

            E-mail: jim@mustangsvo.org / jdvorak@deltanet.com
            Phone: 714-891-9835
            Fax: 714-891-6715
            http://www.mustangsvo.org

Plan Now: Fabulous Fords Forever at Knott's Berry Farm! April, 1998!

Contact Me for SVO Owners Association Membership Information which includes
the Turbo Times Newsletter