Re: Corky Bell's Book[2]

Before anyone thinks of installing a bigger turbo you should think about
doing some head work. The bigger turbo with a stock flowing head and
manifolds will not gain you much in the low end or the midrange. It willl
only give you more lag. You need to get more airflow into and out of the
motor. Take the MM and FF test. they did not gain much power under 4000 rpms.
We built a 2.3 with our exhaust, intercooler, ported and polished head and
manifolds, our roller camshaft a stock turbo set to 17 psi and made almost
330 ft lbs of torque @ 3200. A test car that makes 300 plus hp with fuel
pressure set at 50-60 psi will not work that good everyday on the street. A
big turbo on a stock motor may give you more topend power, but the turbo lag
will be great.

Later....Nick