Re: Broke in real good!

Carl wrote:
Rich also made some big gains on his T-Bird that i'm hoping he'll tellyou
about. We broke him in pretty good!

YES THEY DID!
To start my T-C is completely stock with 68K miles on it. I started off the
night by making three runs to get use to the way the car feels, I found that
I needed to leave at 5000 RPMs to keep it from bogging. Best run of 17.29 @
78 MPH. Then Carl (rubbing his hands together and grinning) says "Well do you
want to leave it alone OR do you want to make it go faster?" I said "Sure,
why not!" Then with the help of Chris Roth he proceeded to dig in while I
took of the air filter assembly. Looking at the vaccum lines (there a little
different than there SVOs) we removed the line to the waste gate to see what
would happen. Next run, I did my normal launch and holley s--t the car stood
up and blew the tires off so bad that my 60 ft time dropped 3 tenths of a
second, then after hitting second gear all hell broke loose (DETENATION!) I
looked down and 17 psi, WHOOO! so I backed off the trottle and still ran a
16.92 @ 81 MPH. Back to the pits, how do you restrict vaccum to the waste
gate without a valve? Well a little brainstorming and a hose clamp on the
vaccum line tight enough to restrict it and "Wella" 14 PSI first try. Put
four gallons of leaded race fuel ( I guess I wanted to replace that cat and
oxygen sensor anyway, dumb! the 17 PSI run had me silly) in the tank and bam!
best run of 16.22 @ 83.38 MPH. WOW I'm hooked! Honey, I don't feel real good
so I guess I can't make it to the concert Saturday, oh yeah Bandimeres open,
hopes she doesn't find out.

Rich "Dropping the clutch at 5000 RPM is COOOOOL" Stark
AKALRION@aol.com

P.S. Wheres the check book? Honey I think the exhaust needs to be
replaced.(he-he-he)