Re: Installed new parts, car runs like shit -- Spark Plugs

(reaching deep deeeeppppp into the memory banks!!)
(Well, it's been 10 years since I work a parts counter!!)

On NGK (or the "No Good Kind" as we used to call them) and working
backwards number indicates heat range so the TR5 and the SR5 would be the
same heat range. R indicates it's a resistor plug. T or S indicates
threading (diameter, pitch, depth etc.) and possibly configuration. Project
plugs have a P added i.e. TPR5 if such a plug exists.

Wow, I guess I did pay attention to those boring product meetings!!

At 09:42 PM 9/10/97 -0700, Neil G. Chirico wrote:

> Carl,
> I don't know off the top of my head, but I would quess it is a colder
>spark plug.The correct application for the S.V.O. in the N.G.K. brand is
>TR5.It is interesting to note this application also works for Ford's GT40
>heads or Cobra motors from 93 to current.
>                                                          Neil
>At 02:53 PM 9/10/97 -0600, Carl Morris wrote:
>>Jim Dvorak wrote:
>>
>>> As far as I know, there only exists one spark plug for the SVO. This is
the
>>> one that I (and many other guys out here in the Southwest -- including our
>>> Guru, Neil Chirico) will use our SVO:
>>>
>>>         The V-Groove NGK TR-5.
>>
>>Cool, that's what I put in last night for the track tonight ;-).
>>The ones that I had in it before were an NGK SR-5, I think?  They
>>look like a hotter plug (they stuck farther into the chamber).
>>Was running them a bad thing?
>>
>>--
>>Carl_Morris@StorTek.Com

Rick Meredith
Saddleback Mustang Association - Webmaster
topnotch@ix.netcom.com
http://www.compapp.com/mustang/