[no subject]

"The shift handle is easy to get
off, the bell housing bolts aren't easy but they aren't THAT hard,
and pulling the driveshaft is a simple procedure."

Hmmm, when I changed my clutch, I found pulling the driveshaft to be
the single hardest part of the job.  Maybe I missed a trick, but getting
the bolts off the diff was *hard*.  It seems to require a 400 ft/lb
impact wrench, and a 12 point 10mm impact socket (or an inventory of
2 or three Craftsman non-impact sockets to rotate through lifetime
warranty.).

"I'd say have a friend around and budget a weekend for it the first time"

that's about right -- and while you're there, change the pilot bearing,
just because it's already apart and it's easy to do.

cheers,
-dB