Fwd: The Alternator saga

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    The Alternator saga
Date:    97-09-15 17:42:00 EDT
From:    FFASTSVO
To:      SVO@smartworx.com

  I am now interested in getting a higher amp alt. for my SVO.  Dave, did you
check to see if that Co. makes a 100amp version?  Though, I belive someone
said that the 100amp version won't fit our cars.  With the Esslinger crank
pulley, charging (besides cooling) has been a problem, so much that I think
my fuel pump and possibly the EEC are not getting enough voltage.  Has anyone
tried the Unorthodox pulley?   Supposedly they claim not to have charging
problems.  i duno if I should go with the Unorthodox pulley or the bigger
alternator because they cost about the same. Then again my alternator is a
generic rebuild, hence less amps than an OEM SVO alternator.

-Eric
'86 SVO
SVOOA member #1503