[no subject]

Carl Morris wrote:

> Tim Smith wrote:
> >
> > Dave you are correct on every point.
> >
> > I`m considering doing c.o.d.`s only with
> > people I know personally or have bought
> > from me at least twice... But to noone who
> > badmouths me for my (fair) policies.
> >
> > My rep. speaks for itself.
>
> And that works out OK, since there are plenty of people
> around who have bought from you.  I don't think it's
> realistic for a person who's selling something to
> expect payment up front if no one knows them, though.
> IMO, sending someone you don't know a check for stuff
> you haven't seen yet is just asking to be screwed.
> Sure, you can prove you sent them money, but you can't
> prove they never sent you the merchandise.  I'm afraid
> that COD is the best thing available, warts and all,
> for two people who don't know each other from Adam...
>
> --
> Carl_Morris@StorTek.Com

I don't want to sound like a "me too" reply. But, Tim....as far as I
know...your name might really be Adam. I would never send someone I
don't know money for a part up front, where all I have is your 'good
word' to back it up...I wish the world was still like that, but enough
bad elements have spoiled this practice. I own my own company, which has
been thru 3 generations of my family...my customers would flip, if I
made them pay prior to the work being done. Sorry, Tim...nothing
personal...this is just business.

Bud Morton
86 SVO 2R
85 SVO 4E