Re: 89' 4cyl tranny

No brainer swap. BUT
The late tranny has an even higher first than the 85.5-86 SVOs. If you have
an early one, then they're about the same.  For a lower first and closer
spreads between gears, get a 5.0 tranny and have the input shaft ground
down to fit in the 2.3s pilot bearing

I've done this and I like it.  AND I can now run 4.11s in the rear :)

Dave
DCompton@SmartWorx.com
http://www.SmartWorx.com/DCompton

> This is posted for a friend who's not 'online'
>
> >what is the gear ratios and torque rating for a 89 5sp tranny that's out
of an 89 LX with 2.3 FI.
> >Reason being, I autocross my 84 quite a bit. Some courses are tight and
require me to down shift into 1st...the gearing puts the rpms too
high....if I go back into 2nd...I'm too low. I would prefer a tranny would
a lower (numerical) first gear.