Re: 89' 4cyl tranny

Dave Compton wrote:

> No brainer swap. BUT
> The late tranny has an even higher first than the 85.5-86 SVOs. If you have
> an early one, then they're about the same.  For a lower first and closer
> spreads between gears, get a 5.0 tranny and have the input shaft ground
> down to fit in the 2.3s pilot bearing

I found this confusing until I realized that when you used the words
"higher" and "lower", you meant numerically.  When I hear "higher"
I think "less reduction, faster speed", and when I hear "lower" I
think "more reduction, slower speed".  If you think like me, reverse
Dave's "lower" and "higher" ;-).