Fwd: Listserver Outage...

---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:	Carl_Morris@StorTek.Com (Carl Morris)
Sender:	morrisc@StorTek.Com
To:	YamahaRdr@aol.com
Date: 97-09-17 11:42:15 EDT

YamahaRdr@aol.com wrote:

> I am having major electrical problems with my car.  about a year ago i had
> the famous ford alternator fire.  I took the car to a local dealership and
> they rewired the car and replaced the voltage reegulator and the
alternator.
>  Now the car will run fine for a while(3-4 months) then out of know where
> start running like shit, then if the car sits for any period of time,
> everything goes dead.  I cant take this anymore, i am ready to blow the car
> up.  I am tired of taking it back to the dealership, because all they do is
> put another alternator on the car.  If anyone else can help i would greatly
> appreciate it.

Feel free to forward this reply to the list, I didn't want to do
that myself without your permission.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger ;-).  A bunch of us have similar
problems, and the common factor always seems to be that we're not
running the original alternator.  If the dealership is putting in
alternators that are just as good as the original one, I don't
know what to tell you.

I don't really know that much about the charging systems...besides
the alternator, battery, voltage regulator, and excess draw from
something left on or a short, is there anything else this can be?