Re: [M] Group Fuel Pump Purchase

At 09:44 AM 9/17/97 -0400, Dave Compton wrote:

<snip>

>SVO owners remove the external pump and install the uprated intank pump as
>the only fuel pump.
>
>Dave
>DCompton@SmartWorx.com
>http://www.SmartWorx.com/DCompton

To do the (inexpensive) in-tank only update on the '84 (and I think early
'85) SVOs with the (very expensive) dual-pump system you also need to
change-out the full in-tank pump bracket assembly.

Once you have the new in-tank bracket assembly installed, then you need to
play with the lines a little to bypass the existing external pump. This is
where your creativity comes into play.

On the '85.5 and '86 you can just change the readily-available pump and use
the existing in-tank bracketry.

I have a virtually new full in-tank assembly and 155LPH pump for sale.
Ideal for early SVO (and probably Turbo Coupe) owners. These are nearly
$400 bucks from Ford. Make me a reasonable offer.

Jim Dvorak
'86 Shadow Blue

Publisher/Editor, THE SVO CHRONICLES
Journal of the Mustang SVO Owners Association of Southern
California/Southwest Region

Mailing Address:
      Mustang SVO Owners Association
      7400 Center Avenue, Suite 109
      Huntington Beach, CA 92647-3039

            E-mail: jim@mustangsvo.org / jdvorak@deltanet.com
            Phone: 714-891-9835
            Fax: 714-891-6715
            http://www.mustangsvo.org

Plan Now: Fabulous Fords Forever at Knott's Berry Farm! April, 1998!

Contact Me for SVO Owners Association Membership Information which includes
the Turbo Times Newsletter