RE: Dash Lighting

It's very easy to screw up the mylar backing circuit on the Mustang dash
panel.  I did it, and had to repair it, when I was changing dash light
colors.

Remove the gauge coverlay, and then the whole gauge pod.  Turn it over and
look at the back of it behind the turbo gauge.  You'll prolly find a broken
or burnt trace on the circuit.  You can repair it, if you're GOOD with a
soldering iron.

Alternatively you can buy a new one from Ford.  When the voltage regulator
goes bad, it needs to be replaced because it's attached permanently to this
circuit, so the dealer may even have it in stock.  Dunno what it costs.

Dave
DCompton@SmartWorx.com
www.SmartWorx.com/DCompton

Hey Guys:

I have an 85 SVO that I've owned for almost 2 years and it's never had dash
lights...hey, what do you expect?? I bought it at a used car lot for $1700
(SUCKER)..does anyone know a cure???

Thanks,
Shannon