New Drag tires

Hey all of you drag racing SVOers (Carl, that is you),

I was reading the latest Super Ford last night and stumbled onto the latest
news section (or something like that) and found out that Nitto Tire is
going to make a Drag Radial this fall.  Nitto  seems like a new tire
company to me but they sure are running a lot of ads in the Mustang Magazines.

The interesting thing was the sizes of tires offered in drag form.
225/50R16 and there was a low profile in the 17" size too.  This is exactly
what some of us are looking for.  Currently we are limited to taller tires
that kill our much needed gearing, i.e. Sportsman Pro, BFG Drag Radial.
This 16" tire they are offering could be the solution to our traction
problems without loosing so much gear from the tall tire. Plus we can mount
them on our stock wheels for that stock look.

I checked their web page but their was no information on the tire.  Stay
tuned...I will find out the info!

Chris Roth @ work....shhhh don't tell my boss
caroth@holly.colostate.edu
85 SVO (Bright Red)