Re: upgrades to my car

Sly, Dennis wrote:

> Ok. But don't you do need some back pressure to help the turbo spool up
> faster,  I did mean a 3" high flow catalytic converter that would be
> moved up stream to help produce back pressure.

No, the turbo will spool up quickest when there is the greatest
possible pressure differential between the turbine inlet and outlet.
In simple terms, that means as little back pressure as possible
after the turbo...

Now a great idea (I think) would be to put the cat BEFORE the turbo.
It would improve emissions AND add even more heat to spin the
turbine with.  That should end the EPA whining about turbos and
cold-start emissions that are a big reason for the lack of turbo
cars on the market.

> Wasn't there somebody on the list that had to drive home with only a
> 3"down pipe attached and almost went deaf. How did that perfrom compared
> to having the catalytic converter attached, in terms of how fast the
> turbo spooled up.

I think it was a good thing...Chris?