Re: upgrades to my car

>> Wasn't there somebody on the list that had to drive home with only a
>> 3"down pipe attached and almost went deaf. How did that perfrom compared
>> to having the catalytic converter attached, in terms of how fast the
>> turbo spooled up.
>
>I think it was a good thing...Chris?

>From what I could tell the power will be the best with open exhaust.  The
turbo spooled with no lag (86 SVO).  I could hear the turbo spool when
starting up the car.  I realize that I was not getting any kind of boost
but it was interesting to be able to hear the turbo ALL of the time.

On a side note.  I can still hear the turbo spool at startup with the ATR
exhaust, it will be interesting to see the performance drop between open
exhaust and ATR cat-back exhaust.  Hopefully I will find out tomorrow.

Chris Roth @ work....shhhh don't tell my boss
caroth@holly.colostate.edu
85 SVO (Bright Red)
86 SVO (Silver Metallic)