RE: upgrades to my car

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Sly, Dennis wrote:

> Carl,
> what do you mean bog factor? do you mean the turbo not spooling up quick
> enough. If so, I was reading the other day a theory about moving the
> catalitic convert closer on a 21/2" to 3" exhaust to create more back
> pressure. What do you think?
> Dennis Sly.
> 84 SVO, Silver

noooooooooooo.....
Why the hell would u want backpressure on a turbo car? it doesnot help
torque on a turbo car to have a potato jammed in the tailpipe like it does
in a naturally aspirated car.
By bog he means lack of off idle power I think, due to the fact that there
is not alot of boost.
I should make a wav of how I build boost of like 3 lbs with the car in
neutral to show the racers how to get the car to launch.  my boost gauge
hits 15lbs in the first 25' of the track.

->86 Escort..12.06@57 1/8th mile:) ..but gets me where I gotta