Re: Downpipes

On Sun, 21 Sep 1997, Chris Roth wrote:

> Is Nick another ETS on the East coast?
I'll answer that first with jus....*shrug*..
hes not as bad as Steve, because some of the stuff he sells is
good, and steve seems to be the kind of guy who would f*ck you in the ass
and not even care.  nick it seems is not as cut throat, I jus don't think
he knows as much as he thinks he does, especially enuff to run a shop.
I heard from a "hi standing official" on the list that his car only runs
14's...

> Hmmm,  I have bought a ported exhaust manifold from him and it looks
> good.  What else do you think of Nick.  He seems to have a high
> dollar price on his head seatup.  I am looking for a killer head
> setup P&P and cam deal.  Nick quoted me a price of  $1350 with the
> exhaust and intake manifolds match ported and his roller cam.  I am
> really looking for a streetable setup that will run about 270hp.  I
> would like to retain the TC Intercooler so I know this will be my
> bottleneck.

Well, the head is not really that big of a deal.  have you tried talkin to
esslinger engineering?  I heard alot of good stuff about them.  dont know
what they charge though.  or you can jus get the valves from them, I think
Joe said they are 12 bux each, and get them put in your head, but I would
prolly jus look into getting the hole head from them.  They have been into
these things I bet longer than anyone.
As for the cam, I will only say that I have not heard of anyone running
fast with one of those...hear alot fo hopefuls, but no actual subtance.
U dont like Carls Engle?

->86 Escort..12.06@57 1/8th mile:) ..but gets me where I gotta