MMFF Gateway Rumble

I saw Jon 79 this past weekend at Gateway - VERY impressive preformance and a very clean car, too bad he bit it in the first round.  I was running also, made it to the third round but that was in a Lightning, and I know you guys don't want to hear about that truck stuff :)
Ted Schwartz
86 SVO
93 Cobra
94 Lightning

My 2 cents....

My 86 SVO heated the manifold red one time, and after checking timing and
all sorts of fun things, I traced the problem to a faulty PCV valve which
was leaning the engine out.  Gotta love those cheap fixes....

Also, my friend Jon races a 79 Mustang w/ 88 TC motor (11.60s in the 1/4)
and finds that no exhaust is the way to go for best times at the drag
strip.

Anyway, I hope to see some SVOs at the MMFF Gateway Rumble here in St.
Louis this weekend.  Take it easy.
John

*                    John Basler			*
*                  baslerjd@slu.edu			*