RE: Dash Lighting

At 10:22 AM 9/22/97 -0500, Leiding,Steve [Wpg] wrote:
>Well, this certainly is relevant.  My dash lights completely quite last
night.
>All lights on - then nothing.  The fuse is OK, so I guess I'll pull the
>instrument panel.  Shannon let me know if you figure yours out.
>
>Dave, I don't believe the Instrument Voltage Regulator (IRV) is
>permanently attached to the circuit.  I suspected my IRV was going bad a
few >weeks ago.

>Fuel, oil, and temp gauges would suddenly read double what they should.
>Hey, perhaps the two are related. - DUH
>
>I stopped by the local self serve wreaking yard and pulled the dash on an
84 LX.
>The IRV pops off with a screwdriver - just be very careful of the mylar.
> It's
>attached with a button type connector very similar to a 9 volt battery.
>
>- STeve

Steve,

The voltage regulators I thought supported the gauges -- and that's what
seems to cause irradic gauge readings -- but those are both only
assumptions on my part.

You can buy the regulators brand new -- for all the effort, I'd rather
install a new one. I haven't priced them, but I would think they're
reasonable.

I could order a bunch if people are having problems finding them.

Jim Dvorak
'86 Shadow Blue -- 1 of 69

Publisher/Editor, THE SVO CHRONICLES
Journal of the Mustang SVO Owners Association of Southern
California/Southwest Region

Mailing Address:
      Mustang SVO Owners Association
      7400 Center Avenue, Suite 109
      Huntington Beach, CA 92647-3039

            E-mail: jim@mustangsvo.org / jdvorak@deltanet.com
            Phone: 714-891-9835
            Fax: 714-891-6715
            http://www.mustangsvo.org

Plan Now: Fabulous Fords Forever at Knott's Berry Farm! Sunday, April 19,
1998! Visit www.fordcarclubs.org or contact me for more information and
day-of-show gatherings.

For SVO Owners Association Membership Information which includes the
quarterly Turbo Times Newsletter, send me an e-mail with your mailing address.