Re: svo turbo

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, Larry wrote:

>  hi all .have you seen anyone using a turbo off a bucik grandnational on
> there svo. how about the computer off of a tbird turbo.i have a 84 svo and
> wuold like to go with the 86 type intake and 36#injectors, do i need to
> change the computer?thanks larry

To go to the late intake, no. To go to the late injectors, yeah u need the
EEC.
As for the turbo, I was jus callin around the local shops about it.  There
are 2 shops in the area, One a local shop that is really good, and a place
called Majestic Turbos that is in turbo mag.
I called Majescti first askin aobut doin a T04 compreeser on my T3, and he
had a fixation with the GN thing.  Never gave me a price, but wouldn't
talk aobut the T4 thing either.  Jus told me basically it involves putting
the impeller from the GN on, and machning the housing to make it fit.  For
those interested, that s the same as the Super 60 trim so I have heard.
then I called Pinellas Carb.  These guys are cool.  Fpr the Pinto and my
old VW Sciroco I turboed, I went in ther eand bought the parts(about 40
bux) and the guy told me how to do it myself.  He even bead blasted the
turbo for 5 bux.   Anywasys, enuff on how nice they are.
I was talkin to him about the Super 60(GN) trimand T04 upgrades.  he
talked me out of the Super 60 pretty quick saying it was ok for street
driving, if you jus want a little more.  I hate to hear that about
soemthing,.  To me it means, I will put it in, then end up having to
replace it shortly when I wanna go faster than jus a teeny bit faster.
So I began talkin to him about the T4 stuff.  really cool.  He was sayin
the smallest T4(S trim) is still bigger than the super 60.  Adittionaly,
the impeller is about 60-70 dollars, the housings are about 120, and the
seal plates are pretty cheap.  Those prices are for all new parts, and
depending what he had used he could do it alot cheaper if I pick a trim
that he has old stuff in stock for.
So, IMO, if you are gona do anything more than real mild stuff, skip the
super 60(GN) stuff.

->86 Escort..12.06@57 1/8th mile:) ..but gets me where I gotta