Other items to look for

Well, I'm sure you all remember my glowing manifold post.

What other symptoms, or problems, should I look for to remedy this glowing
manifold deal?  Is there anything else I should check, aside from timing,
and removing the cat which could remedy my problems here...please let me know.

Yeah, and if anyone knows of anything else I should check on this car to
make sure it is running correctly, before I "go house" on it with
modifications, please let me know.  I plan on unvieling this car next
spring, and turning low 14's.  OK, fine, maybe that's too enthusiastic,
but, I'm gonna try my best.

-Brian