Re: Altering the WasteGate Rod

> > When I removed my cat pipe the other night, I got a great view of the
> > wastegate, and the actuator rod.  What can I do to this rod to make my
> > boost come up quicker, and stronger?
>
> Don't mess with the rod, there's a much better and easier way to do
> what you want.
>
> > What can I do to disable the annoying
> > 4000rpm boost limiter on the TC?  Is there an easy way to make this rod
> > adjustable to tailor boost responce at the track?  Any answers to these
> > questions would be appreciated!

hmmm don't mean to fly off subject, but the 4000 rpm boost limiter rang a
bell. Describe what you mean by boost limiter. I know you have the IHI
turbo, which leads me to think that you are suffering from the same
symptoms I am ('88 TC motor) with the small turbo. Mine just up and dies
around 4000 rpm, even with the Engle 55 cam installed. I have talked to
several other '87 - '88 owners and the turbo seems to keep coming up as
the culprit. I can't tell you how many times I have heard "It just fell on
it's face after 4000 with the IHI, but after I put the T03 on..."

Cory