SVO Emblem Confusion

Guys,

Mike Ray got me started by doing a favor and looking-up something -- now
I'm going crazy!

If you have an '86 Shop Manual, look in the Body section on page 47-04-15
and you'll see the SVO "EMBLEM TRANSFER" -- read that STICKER to be
positioned on the fender. Now we all know that in '86 they did not use the
STICKER.

Just another example of why so many people are confused about the minor
differences in the SVO model years.

And I found out today that even my Mitchell Collission Estimating Guide has
no distinction between the '84 TRW rack and the 85-on 15:1 rack. If you go
by that, they're all the same. But we know they aren't. So my conclusion is
that if a repair was done on a TRW system, it was entirely possible that it
was updated to the 15:1.

Jim Dvorak
'86 Shadow Blue -- 1 of 69

Publisher/Editor, THE SVO CHRONICLES
Journal of the Mustang SVO Owners Association of Southern
California/Southwest Region

Mailing Address:
      Mustang SVO Owners Association
      7400 Center Avenue, Suite 109
      Huntington Beach, CA 92647-3039

            E-mail: jim@mustangsvo.org / jdvorak@deltanet.com
            Phone: 714-891-9835
            Fax: 714-891-6715
            http://www.mustangsvo.org

Plan Now: Fabulous Fords Forever at Knott's Berry Farm! Sunday, April 19,
1998! Visit www.fordcarclubs.org or contact me for more information and
day-of-show gatherings.

For SVO Owners Association Membership Information which includes the
quarterly Turbo Times Newsletter, send me an e-mail with your mailing address.