Re: Drag Racing??

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Bud Morton wrote:

> Hey Guys!
>
> I was just reading over some of the posts and was wondering something.
> Why are you taking a car that is designed more for autocrossing or a
> road course and drag racing it?

i dont have an SVO, but I'll answer anyway...Cuz its fun.

> I'm not trying to offend anyone here...it's just, it doesn't make much
> sense to me. To take a car that has such a balanced suspension yet a
> sensitive motor. It would even be very hard just to bracket race with
> one. Now, I love drag racing...But, the SVO really wasn't designed for
> it.

What car is designed for drag racing?

> To all you drag racing SVO owners out there...have you ever thought
> about stopping by the local SCCA event and trying out the course?

I've thought about it.  It cost more dollars to ride around a
parking lot with cones than it does to go down the strip.
Also, it cost more to run auto-x mainly cuz its constant abuse on your
car.  Lets say there was no such thing as fatigue cracks on a Fox chassis
car, there is still alot more wear on brakes, and you have to buy 4 big
sticky tires to race road, and they dont last as long as a set of slicks.
Scca type racing alos requires you to spend money on suspension and
braking mods if you wanna stay competitive.
And speaking of competition, you cant brag about your times on a track in
California to a guy on the east coast if you only SCCA race.  If I race at
sebring, hearing what somebody runs at Searpoint doesn't mean a thing to
me.
To each his own.  Jus be glad they aren't using the SVO's in circle
track!(and thats something it was made to do:)

->86 Escort..12.06@57 1/8th mile:) ..but gets me where I gotta