re:drag racing

Bud,

>>I had sticky tires on and traction was not a problem.
>>I guess the point I was trying to make was that in a street racing
>>situation, he would have been very embarrassed.
>
>Most people use 'street tires' on the street.

These tires have a DOT on them and can be used on the street.  If I did not
live 90 miles from the track, I would drive with them on the car to the
track.  The tires are Biased ply construcion, have you ever driven a car
with radials on the front and baised on the back and ran through corners in
street conditions, not fun at all.  Doesn't matter, I have already sold the
tires to someone and I will be getting the Nitto Drag Radials this spring.
Then I will run the tires from my house down to the track and be in
"street" form still destroying 1993 Cobras with E303 cams.

>> my 60' time was a 2.12 and his 60' was 2.31

>which indicates he was spinning

Agreed, but his spin was not that much, most of the error is from the
drivers lack of driving skill.  I have helped several other people in this
area build fast 5.0 and one of them was up at the track earlier this
summer.  He was unhappy that his car was only running a 15.2@94.  I got in
the car and drove ran it down the track to a 14.6@96 with him in the car.
He was on street tires (kelly-discount specials) and I was able to get a
2.2 60' but feathering the gas.

>>I was
>>easily 6-8 car lengths in front of him from the start line to the >finish
>>line, could it be from my .518 light compared to his .967 light
>
>again...as I suspected...'operator error'...obviously, you're a better
>driver than the Cobra owner. Do you remember the trap speed of both
>cars?

Oops, I knew I forgot something in my last post,  my trap speed was a
93.7mph and his was a 93.1mph. SO even then he was probably down on power
for the get go.

Chris Roth
http://holly.colostate.edu/~caroth