Re: Draggin

 Bud Morton wrote:

>But, after reading these post and seeing a fellow SVO owner flogging the
>crap out of his 86 and running a 15.2...dunno what mph or anything else.

Wow, captain drag racer must not be able to read, the 15.2 was run in a 5.0.

Just to get the facts straight.

I ran the 86 SVO with only a 3" downpipe and received the following time:

60'--2.136
quartermile ET--14.529
quartermile speed --93.71 mph
weight of car -- 3164 lbs.  with me in it.
conditions 75 degrees and 42 rel humidity

I then ran the 86 SVO with only a 3" downpipe AND 2.5" ATR SS exhaust and
received the following time:

60'--2.010 got to run in the groove
quartermile ET--14.455
quartermile speed --91.57 mph
weight of car -- 3210 lbs.  with me in it.
conditions 48 degrees and 100 rel humidity

I speed shifter into second on both runs.

Speed Shift--disengage the clutch petal in with left foot while keeping the
right foot completely depressed on the accelerator pedal and quickly
shifting to the next sequential gear.  If done correctly, the motor will
never got over 6000rpm with at 5500rpm shift.

Chris Roth
http://holly.colostate.edu/~caroth