Re: Draggin

Chris Roth wrote:

>  Bud Morton wrote:
>
> >But, after reading these post and seeing a fellow SVO owner flogging the
> >crap out of his 86 and running a 15.2...dunno what mph or anything else.
>
> Wow, captain drag racer must not be able to read, the 15.2 was run in a 5.0.
>
> Just to get the facts straight.
>
> I ran the 86 SVO with only a 3" downpipe and received the following time:
>
> 60'--2.136
> quartermile ET--14.529
> quartermile speed --93.71 mph
> weight of car -- 3164 lbs.  with me in it.
> conditions 75 degrees and 42 rel humidity
>
> I then ran the 86 SVO with only a 3" downpipe AND 2.5" ATR SS exhaust and
> received the following time:
>
> 60'--2.010 got to run in the groove
> quartermile ET--14.455
> quartermile speed --91.57 mph
> weight of car -- 3210 lbs.  with me in it.
> conditions 48 degrees and 100 rel humidity
>
> I speed shifter into second on both runs.
>
> Speed Shift--disengage the clutch petal in with left foot while keeping the
> right foot completely depressed on the accelerator pedal and quickly
> shifting to the next sequential gear.  If done correctly, the motor will
> never got over 6000rpm with at 5500rpm shift.
>
> Chris Roth
> http://holly.colostate.edu/~caroth

Wow...I wish i knew how to power shift...jeez..

so far...you haven't really accomplished much except , improved your
driving skills.

drag racing that car is like pouring perfume on a pig...

Take it to the auto cross course and see how competitive it is...unless
you're scared of having to turn.

> Wow, captain drag racer must not be able to read, the 15.2 was run in a 5.0.

sounds like he didn't know how to drive. There's 1,000s of 5.0's running
in the 12's with no motor mods...can you say the same about SVOs?

when my friend flogged his for all it was worth...and could only get a
15.2 out it.

Sorry...I don't get it...