GN compressor housing won't fit? please HELP

  Ok guys, here's the situation.  My SVO is at a mechanic shop and he is has
having problems "clocking" the GN compressor housing to align it with the IC.
He claims the wastegate bracket itself is hitting against the manifold when
clocks it correctly and is saying that he can't get it right becauseof that.
 Now, I could run it with the bracket of the wastegate hitting the manifold,
but would it operate correctly and not screw anything up? BTW he mentioned
about getting a longer wastegate rod to alleviate the problem.  PLease
respond ASAP.  Thank You very much.

-Eric