Re: Drag Racing??

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Bud Morton wrote:

> Chris Costanzo wrote:
> >
> > >Recieved from: Bud Morton (rumoving@bellsouth.net)
> > >Bug Bug....it's still a pinto...you can't polish a turd..even if it's a
> > >fast turd...it's still a turd.
> > >
> >         You must feel pretty stupid then when you get your doors blown off
> > by a "turd".  Personally, I'll take a fast "turd" over a shiny "roach" any day.
> >
> >                                                 Bug Bug
>
> It's still a pinto. No matter how you slice it.

True, but Pintos have class. You know, there are a list of reasons why I
love to drive a turbocharged Pinto:

"I was going how fast? Surely officer you don't think this car can do
130?"

I don't have to worry about where I park it

I don't have to go on prozak if I lose to a modded 5.0 (unlike the owner
of the 5.0 if I place within a couple cars of his $10k+ ride)

"Did you say you wanted $15 for a new front rotor?"

"Dammit Scott, the F*&k*ng insurance company wants $80 for 6 months of
coverage this term!"

"I can come take any parts I want off the Pinto in the yard for $5?"

"Oh damn, someone knicked my door again -- hope it wasn't that 5.0 with
the nice paint ;)"

Besides, Pintos are cooler cuz they are faster than you run-of-the-mill
SVO and Merkur <*GRIN*>.

Bud, come check out my homepage:

Cory
ericksco@mhd1.moorhead.msus.edu
http://dragon.moorhead.msus.edu/~ericksco

Proud owner of a '88 TC powered '78 Pinto